In order to make the StandBy facilities available to its users, it is necessary that StandBy Solutions B.V. processes personal data in a number of cases. Below is a description of which data StandBy uses for what purposes and what StandBy Solutions B.V. does to protect your privacy. StandBy Solutions B.V. will hereinafter be referred to as StandBy Solutions.
StandBy Solutions collects personal data to facilitate the use of its products. Personal data is used to ensure that StandBy works correctly, to identify the user of StandBy, to get in contact in the event of a request, support question or incident, to facilitate communication between users within the same customer environment and for user surveys.
StandBy Solutions is responsible for processing personal data for the service offered: StandBy.
For(digital) products of StandBy worden de volgende persoonsgegevens verwerkt:
- First name, last name and username
- Phone number
- (Company) e-mail address
- (Portrait) photo of users (Optional)
- Presence at a predefined (geographical) location
- IP address
- Optional: Address, postal code and city
This data is processed and used for:
- Alarms – StandBy uses personal data to send targeted alarms based on name, role and location. This data is stored and can be viewed in a historical overview of alarms. If there are links with third party systems such as a fire alarm system or aggression buttons, this will also be displayed and saved in the application.
- Internal communication – Personal data is used to send and receive messages between users in the StandBy environment.
- Presence detection – StandBy collects data about presence in pre-designated locations or areas. Precise locations are never known in the system. Location data is processed locally. The smartphone client (app) only generates notifications based on the presence of the user within a complex or zone. These notifications are shared securely (using HTTPS) with StandBy over the internet. StandBy only sees if someone is present or absent. In addition, this data is used to generate attendance statistics, based on roles, usernames are not shown in the attendance statistics.
- Availability – In StandBy there is the possibility to indicate availability. A user also has insight into the availability of the users within their own customer environment.
- Support – For the (automated) sending of (forgotten) passwords, answering questions and providing support, the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the relevant user can be used.
- Security and logging: The IP address is used to track (technical) problems within StandBy’s digital products and for logging: who has had access to certain resources and when.
StandBy Solutions will not sell, distribute or disclose personal data to third parties without your prior consent, unless it is obliged to do so by law, code of conduct and professional rules or a court order.
StandBy Solutions does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purposes described. Exceptions to this are data that must be kept longer on the basis of a statutory retention obligation or rules of conduct and professional practice.
On the website of standbysolutions.nl we proces the following personal data:
On the full website:
Contact form and (registration) forms of marketing campaigns:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- (company)e-mail address
Contact form for an (open) application:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Curriculum vitae (CV), may include, but is not limited to: Age, address, education level, work experience.
This data is processed and used for:
- Security and logging: The IP address is used to track (technical) problems on the website and for logging: who has accessed certain publicly accessible resources and when.
- Answering contact requests – This includes answering questions/comments about StandBy’s services.
- Sharing marketing material – To send (digitally) requested marketing material (including brochures, checklists, information about new modules)
- Job applications – Visitors to the website can submit an (open) application to StandBy. To communicate with – and to assess the suitability of the candidate – we ask for the (full) name, an e-mail address, telephone number and a CV.
Personal data from marketing-related campaigns (including advertising, campaign and promotional purposes) are processed by StandBy in HubSpot (external supplier). Contact and customer service (support) requests are processed by StandBy in Freshdesk (external supplier). To respond to marketing messages/registrations, contact requests and support requests, StandBy uses Google Workspace (external supplier) for communication (email). When submitting a request, your data will also be processed by Google Workspace. This also includes submitting an (open) application to StandBy Solutions B.V.
Viewing, changing and deleting personal data
As a user of StandBy Solutions it is possible to view, modify, add or delete personal data. If you stop using our services, it is possible to receive the personal data (of all users) in a JSON file.
Users of StandBy products as well as visitors of the StandBy website (standbysolutions.nl) have the right to inspect, correct and delete their own personal data. A request for access, modification or deletion of personal data can be submitted digitally by e-mail via compliance [@] standbysolutions.nl. To receive the personal data, you will have to identify yourself in a verifiable manner as the person who is entitled to the data in question.
Do you have a complaint about the processing (viewing, changing or deleting) of personal data by StandBy? If you wish, you can submit your complaint again via firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject: ‘Complaint processing personal data’, after which your complaint/request will be processed/assessed again internally. You are also always free to escalate a complaint by submitting it to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (“Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”).
Use of log files
StandBy Solutions automatically generates log files of the use of its service. StandBy Solutions keeps track of usage data such as IP addresses, URLs, date and time the pages were called up, the referring communication facilities and other parameters in the URLs.
Data concerning (communication) actions in StandBy can also be used for statistical purposes with the aim of improving the service.
StandBy Solutions has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing.
StandBy is standard equipped with secure connections. All our connections to and from StandBy on the smartphone and the application on PC, tablet and laptop are secured by HTTPS.
Employees at StandBy Solutions
Employees of StandBy Solutions are bound to secrecy on the basis of the applicable code of conduct and professional rules.
StandBy Solutions uses servers and storage from Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3). We only use servers in the European Union. We use Amazon Web Services EC2 and S3 for Production and Backups.
Privacy by design
When developing new features and functions, StandBy Solutions adheres to the “privacy by design” principle. This means that every (new) feature or function is examined for appropriate protection and security. This can be technical or organizational in nature.
In the event that a data breach is discovered or reported, StandBy Solutions will investigate the issue with the highest priority and implement a permanent solution. If it appears that it is taking longer to implement a permanent solution, an interim solution will be applied until a permanent solution is available. An investigation will also be conducted into the extent of the data breach. Administrators of affected environments will be notified as soon as possible by email or telephone. If necessary, a report will be made to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. The procedure to be taken is described (internally) in the protocol: “What to do in the event of a data breach?”
Third Party Communication Facilities
If communication facilities or services of third parties are required for the service of StandBy Solutions, such as smartphones, network connections or browsers, it is possible that these third parties or others collect information about you on these communication facilities. StandBy Solutions is not responsible for the content of these communication facilities or services and the actions of these third parties and others. StandBy Solutions recommends that you take note of their policy regarding the processing of personal data.
Suppliers of StandBy Solutions
For our services we use services and facilities of third parties. A list of suppliers and agreements can be requested via email@example.com.
Consent and Changes
If you provide information through this service, you also consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in accordance with our privacy statement. Our privacy statement can be changed unilaterally. In the event of major changes, we will inform the contract holders by e-mail before a change takes effect.
Questions about our privacy statement? contact us on 085 888 2466 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 26, 2024: Updated version of the privacy statement published. Changes/additions made: Processing of personal data (type of data, purposes) and the right of access/correction (process).
January 1, 2023: Updated version of the privacy statement published.